You may be wondering how you can stay up to date in this day and age, with technology moving at such a rapid pace it can at times seem overwhelming on what tech gadgets are helpful or just waste of money.
So we have created a list of top 5 smart home devices everyone needs in 2020.
- Smart Speaker
- Smart Home Surveillance Camera
- Smart Thermostat
- Smart Vacuum
- Smart Lighting
So as you can see everything is becoming smart, our future is starting to closely resemble the Disney channel movie “Smart House” it won’t be long until we have a hologram maid doing all of our home chores but until then we have also gave our opinion of the best devices in each category.
- For the smart speaker we really had no other choice but to go with the Amazon Echo, it introduces a hands-free Alexa voice control for your household. Amazon is always working to make Alexa even better and it currently works almost flawlessly so if you are someone who shops with Amazon a lot this would be the perfect device for you. Even if you don’t use Amazon that much it still can connect to most of your devices via Bluetooth and work just fine with them. The amazon echo also sports a very sleek design in a blue and light gray color, the size is just at 5.8 by 3.9 inches in a cylinder model. This would be a great addition to any part of your home.
- When it comes to home surveillance the latest and greatest would be the Arlo Ultra, this device raises the bar for all other home surveillance by streaming and recording in true 4K or ultra high definition. It also comes with an integrated alarm, lighting, and 911 connectivity. The best thing about this device is the easy to install process it is snap and install making it easily installed for any home owner. Right at $400 you can’t beat this device when it comes to protecting your home while you’re away.
- The best smart Thermostat that we have found is the Nest Learning Thermostat, It allows a very convenient connectivity to your device so you can adjust the temperature from your phone, tablet or computer. It also has automatic furnace monitoring for your peace of mind.
- You have probably seen this thing in one of your favorite movies rolling around the floor like a robot dog but it is actually one of the best home tech devices you can have, if you are like us and never have time to clean then you definitely need the Ecovas Deebot N79S, just pricing in at $229 which makes it one of the more affordable smart Vacuums and also provides more features for a device at that price. It supports a long battery life and manual steering, along with app control and once again Amazon Alexa control. Based on other reviews from home owners it supports a much stronger clean than most at this price point.
- Last but not least, smart lighting gives you full control over the lighting in your home with basically no effort, we believe the best are the Philip Hue line which gives you control over not just the intensity of the lighting but the color as well. Philip Hue is such an old name in lighting that it works with about any device you have in your home from Alexa to Siri, the have just about any color you could want and also carry both indoor and outdoor lighting.
There you have it! these smart devices are a MUST in 2020.